The heart of the city center Munich is the Marienplatz with the Old and New Town Hall.
The Neo-Gothic New Town Hall was built by George of Hauberrisser and completed in 1909.
The 85 m high tower is famous for its carillon that sounds every day at noon. The late Gothic Old Town Hall with its ballroom was built by Jörg von Halsbach in 1480.
A few steps away, in easterly direction we come to the Holy Spirit Church and continue our way to the Viktualienmarkt, Munich’s most famous daily food market.
On the way back we visit the courtyards of the new town hall and walk along the tradition restaurant Donisl in the Weinstrasse.
We visit the Theatinerstrasse and the Maximilianstrasse, Munich’s most important shopping streets.
At the beginning of the Maximilianstrasse you see the Max-Joseph Square framed by the Bavarian State Opera, the Munich Residence and the old post.
Please read on > Georgenstein – Isar
Text, photos and video: Copyright ©myVideoMedia
Dieser Beitrag in: Deutsch