Dieser Beitrag in: Deutsch
About 4 km north of the city center of Bukhara is the Sitorai Mohi Xosa Palace, translated as “place where the stars meet the moon”.
It served the last Emir of Buxoro as a summer palace. It is already the third palace at this point, built by Alim Khan from 1912-1918. In 1920, the Soviets drove Alim Khan off and he died in exile in Kabul, in 1944.
The palaces of the predecessors were demolished.
The main building is U-shaped. In the central part is the reception hall with murals of Khansanjan and the White Hall, which is also called the Hall of Mirrors.
The stucco work and alabaster carvings were applied by Schirin Muradov directly on the mirrors and not on masonry. At works in the palace, he froze to death his fingers which remained mutilated after that.
The palace now houses a museum showing carpets, ceramic, porcelain, jewelry and weapons embroidery.
In the nearby guest hall, the precious gowns embroidered with gold thread are on display today. But the wall designs are also worth seeing.
Through the garden, we reach another building, which is located on a small pond. It is the harem.
At the side of the pond, a raised pavilion served as the abode of the emir.
We enjoy the stay here very much. It offers a little change among the many mausoleums, mosques, and madrasas, beautiful as they are. It also becomes clear to us that the emirs showed similar splendor and pomp behavior as Western princes and kings.
Next >>> Uzbek Plov Master Class in Bukhara
Pin it for later
Text, photos and video: Copyright © myVideoMedia