The Byward Market, sometimes just called the Market, is located east of the government and business district in the Lower Town of Ottawa.
The name reminds of the British officer John By, who had the royal order to supervise the construction of the Rideau Canal in 1826.
The small town Bytown, later renamed Ottawa, was also named after him.
In the summer months, fruits and flowers are sold in addition to conventional agricultural products around the Byward Market.
In the surrounding streets, the street clowns, artists and musicians entertain the passers-by.
Please read on > Visiting the Parliament Hill
Text, photos and video: © copyright myVideoMedia
Dieser Beitrag in: Deutsch